Tuesday 5 December 2006

Sunsets at 3:30

Seriously, since I wake up around 11am every morning, that gives me like 4-5 hours of sunlight only! Sometimes I'll be walking to the station to catch the train to uni and the sun is starting to set.

So, it's been a while since I've updated you guys on what's been happening . . .
  • I'm still trying to exercise properly everyday and I can now say I can skip for a reasonable time now without feeling that I will suffer a heart attack. I skip at weird times though, like at midnight when I can't sleep.
  • Been catching up on my TV shows lately - am up to date with the OC and House now. I've watched like 8 House episodes over the last two days.
  • My aunt's gone over to Spain for two days and will be back tonight (I'm in my ADR class again - we have a Lord in today to take the seminar - Lord Woolf - google him . . .
  • My favourite shop now is H&M . . . they're doing this "Gift of the Day" thing where they sell one item a day in December at a really low price. I've bought a gold puffer jacket for 10 pounds on the weekend
  • Speaking of shopping, I think I've found the best bargain so far on my trip. I bought a Ralph Lauren suit jacket which was £330 for . . . wait for it . . . £18. My heart was like pounding while I was clutching at it, waiting to pay. *Sigh* I still can't get away from that brand . . .
  • I want to see "Happy Feet". Penguins are soooooooo cute and they look so squishable hehehehe
  • I think the skipping has helped - my pants are not sitting as snug on my thighs as they did before. That or I need to put my jeans in the wash because they have stretched with wear . . . hmmmm
  • One of my watched that I brought over with me has stopped. So annoying cos I've had the watch for so many years and it hasn't run out of battery till now!
  • woah, just realised Christmas is like in 20 days . . . not that I have anything really to look forward to
  • I got asked by two separate people on two separte days where I had got my shoes from (two different pairs of shoes). hahaha wtf?! They were both flats - one covered in gold sparkles and the other was a turquoise one made of a felt-like material with metallic blue trimming. I had brought them over form Sydney and the best part is - one pair is from Payless Shoes and the other from Queenspark. Hehehe, totally cheap-arse shoes but I guess they look alright. They comfy enough for me to wear to uni as some of you know, I don't do sneakers . . .
  • I nearly fully tripped over a stupid lady's wheelie suitcase the other day at a Tube station because she totally cut my path and walked across straight in front of me. I was holding my laptop case looped through my arm resting on my elbow and holding a newspaper in my other hand so I couldn't see anything below my waist. I saw her walk past so I kept on walking but lo and behold, she had a freaking trolley behind her. I didn't stack it but I had a "I'm not impressed" look on my face.
  • I know there is a whole load of stuff I haven't done yet in London but I'm going to hold off till summer when the weather's better. There have been countless days when I wanted to go out and do stuff but when I wake up and look out the winter, I immediately change my mind. It just doesn't STOP raining - it really isn't an exaggeration when they say that London has crappy weather.
  • I can't believe I still have over half a year to go but yeah, I'm hoping to catch the beginning of summer here before I leave and enter another winter in Sydney. That is gonna SUCK. I'm so sick of having to leave the house with like 5 layers on, a scarf and sometimes a beanie. I feel so podgy and sometimes I can't even get my bag on my shoulder properly cos all my clothes are in the way. Oh, I long for the day when I can around in just a singlet and shorts.
Kids. They're not easy. But there has to be some penalty for sex.
- Bill Maher

No comments: