Sunday 22 October 2006

Raining cats and dogs

Met up with Jen today at Notting Hill. As the title says, it was raining all day . . . which is never a good thing when you're walking on tiny pathways and going in and out of shops. We browsed through the Portobello Road stores cos it was Sunday and so the markets weren't opened.

We had lunch at S&M cafe at round 2pm- lol it's not what you are thinking. It actually stands for Sausages and Mash hehe. I had actually seen it on one of those travel shows in TV back in Sydney so I guess it's quite well-known. I was starving as I hadn't really eaten that day (I took a handful of Special K with me and was munching on them on the train. By the end, my jaw hurt and I got a headache from chewing . . .) so I got the English breakfast. Wasn't brave enough to try the black pudding though, left it untouched.

Only did a tiny bit of shopping today. Bought a scarf for my aunt as it's her birthday tomorrow. Just managed to make it into the store when they were about to close up. It's a pretty mohair/wool scarf from Scotland and it's baby pink.

So after Notting Hill, we hopped on a bus heading towards Knightsbridge as Jen wanted to check out Harvey Nichols. Man, the bus trip was a bit of a disaster. The one we were on originally decided mid-journey just to terminate with no reason given so all the passengers had to get off. It was nearly 20 mins before another one came and then we were stuck in a major traffic jam. In the end we decided to get off and walk the rest of the way.

I managed to found out how much two of the bags (the Chloe paddington and the Balenciaga Le Dix) that I really want to get will cost me - £700ish . . . . . . each. Sooooooo yeah, was figuring, if I managed to make like around £100 per week and miraculously not spend any of it, it'll take me around 2 months to save up. And that's not including all the other stuff I wanna buy. Maybe I should just buy them online . . .

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
- John Lennon

No comments: