Monday 18 September 2006

Day of rest . . . well, not really

I was too tired to post anything yesterday so I'll do a recap.

As I knew that I was being made to go church, I wasn't really looking forward to the day. Church was at 2pm so there was time for us to go to the local markets at Wimbledon Stadium (ah, not where they place the tennis, in case you're wondering, it's a greyhound racing track usually hehe):


The next few hours of my life were spent in a half-bored, half-dozing-off state (hahaha Joyce and Yvonne know exactly what I mean - it was a Chinese church so I didn't understand half of what they were saying, or pretended I didn't anyway). Oh, I make no apologies for my lack of reverence for religion, as I said before, those who know me know how I feel about it. There was someone at the Church who went to UCL too, doing some science degree, so my aunt introduced me to him. One word - honkie . . . to the max. It's my personal rule that I refuse to speak Cantonese to anyone except family so I don't think he understood half of what I was saying. And when I was trying to spell my name for him to add to his mobile, he kept on putting "a" instead of "e" - was it my accent?! I kept on going "E! E! E!" I don't think I'll be calling him for advice any time soon . . .

Some of my aunt's and uncle's Church friends were coming to dinner but there was this prayer group thingy after Church which my aunt attends so my grandma, cousin, uncle and I went home early.

I curled Nat's hair with my straightener . . . I was bored and she was willing . . .


The most inquisitive 10-year-old boy I have ever met, Jonathan (Nat's friend and fellow church-goer). He's from Manchester and his accent really shows it.


I won . . . against a 6- and 10-year old - but winning is still winning!

My fellow exchange student from UNSW, Justin, sent me an email today saying that he's here in London now. I'm going to catch up with him tonight, so will let you know how it goes.


Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

- Jim Ryun

No comments: