Monday 11 September 2006

Day of rest

I decided to stay at home today to recover as I have been out everyday since I arrived, so I had time to do a bit of reflection:
  • Every time I think of how long my exchange is, I start to panic a bit - 9 months is a long time and considering I have to start from scratch - making friends, studying at a new institution - it makes me wonder "am I capable of doing this?"
  • At the moment, having not met anyone yet, the feelings of loneliness have really started to set in - I dread that first day of uni, which I am predicting will resemble the first day of starting a new school . . . I haven't had to do that since I was 8 . . .
  • Actually scrap that last point - note to self: must maintain a positive attitude and embrace new experiences . . .
  • I just noticed that I don't really write much - I tend to post a lot of photos up to compensate for the lack of ability to write well. Hahaha I have not been blessed with the gift of words but I shall try harder in the future . . .
  • I have not had a decent conversation with someone in a while and I'm craving to talk . . . it takes being away from your friends to appreciate them even more

No comments: