Saturday 9 September 2006

These boots are made for walking . . .

I decided to head out to central London today and do a bit of "window shopping" as I currently have no moola to do any actual shopping *whimpers* . . .

Walking towards the station - yup it's normal for people to park their cars facing both ways on one side of the street . . .



My outfit for the day



Over on the other side of the world and the stations still look as run-down . . .



It's a long way down (oh yeah, the real reason I took this photo was cos of what those two girls were wearing. You can't really see in this photo but it was very very Mary-Kate Olsen, aka boho cross dumpster chick - was kinda cool tho)



View from the train


The famous Piccadilly Circus - start of the West End theatres



Yay made it to the shops - walking down Regent Street, which is a main shopping strip


omg omg - one word . . . Harrods - every shopaholic's heaven

Actually, on that note, it was more like hell for me - you don't know the torture of seeing all the things you have ever wanted to buy under one roof and not being able to actually buy them. My eyes didn't know where to start looking. Here are some pics (hahaha I had to discreetly use my phone to take these as you are not allowed to use cameras inside - I had to pretend I was looking intently at a msg or sth):

First Floor - cosmetics department. Way better than DJs

The food hall - it's amazing in there, really old-school and gourmet

Time to hit the big brand names: Hermes - didn't see a Birkin though


Dior counter - best thing was they had most items out on display so you can actually touch them


Louis *sigh* - note to self: must get job soon . . . will otherwise die from depression as a result of buyer's withdrawal syndrome

shoes shoes shoes

Bringing back the memories


You couldn't pay me enough to work there again though . . .


This has been the closest I've come to a Chanel counter - I have never been game enough to walk into the Sydney store

My dream bags - at least I got to hold one . . . (if you're reading this Kath, was thinking of ya when I took this pic hehe)


After Harrods, I decided to hit Harvey Nichols to browse some more - my feet were already starting to hurt but the thought of seeing more designer goods willed me on:

The entrance into the famed store


Good to see they stock Sydney brands but sheesh, the prices were exorbitant - a pair of black misfits which cost $180 in Sydney are priced at £130 - that's like nearly double the price!


My favourite denim brand!! Made me a bit homesick though - it was funny that such a prestigious store would stock someone which is also at General Pants . . .


Even more shoes - it got to a point where I had to admit they all started to look the same.

That's something I'd like to point out - there are so many stores and boutiques in London that it can become very overwhelming and you find that you don't know where to start looking. Fashion in London is very hard to decipher - you have such a wide spectrum from the "omg, I can't believe she's wearing that" to "omg, I would kill to have her outfit" (I actually found myself subconsciously following this woman around cos I was admiring her Bikin bag). All I can say is that Sydney fashion is much more sensible and simple, whereas Londoners love to experiment and are more sophisticated. I wanted to take snaps of people that I saw on the streets but decided against it in case people thought I was a stalker/weirdo/crazy tourist girl.

Anyhoo, back to more photos:

mmmmm a Flake McFlurry for 99p


Aren't they supposed to mix it up with that machine? The chick just put the flake and chocolate sauce on the top and that was it . . .


Me sitting at a tube station waiting to go home - it was a long day and I was so pooped


I needed this so bad . . .


Stupid thing I did today: I hoped onto the wrong train and only realised after it arrived at the next station. I had to hop to the opposite platform and catch the train back again - I prayed to god that no-one saw. Hahaha it was cos I couldn't figure out how to read the sign telling you where the next train was going to.

Now I'm sitting on my bed while my cousin Nat does her hhomework(hahaha Kumon - brings back childhood memories) and my uncle is playing the PS2 - have I mentioned the fact that my uncle is the biggest kid there is? He's glued to that thing - hahaha yesterday I accidentally tripping on the power cord and he lost all his data for his soccer game . . .

I think I'll be made to go to Church tomorrow *boo* but I guess I'll have to go to score a ride to wherever we're going to for the rest of the day - I heard whispers of "Camden markets" (really funky and cheap stuff there - hahaha remember the Aldo shoes Ange and Joyce?!) and "yum cha" so I'll keep you guys posted.

I'm off to dinner now - we're having seafood - my grandma and uncle left the house at 4 this morning to go to the fish markets.

Outies!

Elvis



No comments: