Sunday 10 September 2006

Off to the markets . . .

Being Sunday, it was the perfect day to go visit one of London' most talked about markets - Camden Markets. The absolute best thing about living with my relos and going out with them is that we get to travel by car - yayyyy!!!

Random photo from the car


Another random photo


Nat took this one herself


Obligatory self-taken shot


Geez my face looks so tan compared to Nat's - that's not to say I'm actually tan (having missed last summer, I'm actually really pale) but a lot of kids in England have remarkable porcelain-like skin - am so envious (in a non-Hannibal Lecter kind of way . . .)

We drove through quite a lot of London today, I got to see the Chelsea football grounds, Harrods (again) and all these other suburbs I've forgotten the name of already. As usual, traffic was quite congested even on a Sunday and it took us over an hour to get to Camden:

Start of the markets - that's my uncle, aunt and Nat on the right


"Camden Market" - man it was packed


There were heaps of stores selling goth and punk clothing - there were people out and about who looked like they had walked straight off a Marilyn Manson video clip


More goth clothing


For those who are adventurous with their hair . . .


Why am I always walking last?

Funny T-shirt I saw: [picture of a car] "My other ride is your sister"

Another day I walked away from shops empty-handed. But I must say the stuff at the markets were not all that appealing - you really need to look hard and carefully when buying from markets and I didn't have the patience today.

We decided to head to yum cha in the arvo - most yum cha places in London don't have the trolley ladies come round so you have to order from the menu. Good thing is that the food comes all at once.

For the drive home, my uncle decided to drive near the city so I got to see:


Some bridge - hahaha I think it was Albert Bridge


You can't see it very well but that's the London Eye


Big Ben


Someone was bored again . . .

No comments: